Business Development Manager
To achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by selling the company’s products and services to prospects and existing strategic customers. Ownership of the complete sales cycle from sourcing leads through to winning total share of the customers spend. We are looking for someone with a hunter mentality; a tenacious high activity individual who is driven by winning new customers and delivering incremental revenue from existing accounts. This is a unique opportunity with potential for further career progression for the right candidate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prospecting daily for new customers
- Managing existing customers through an account plan strategy to fully understand and deliver revenue growth with the customer.
- Manage own diary and achieve meeting and sales revenue numbers
- To establish, develop and maintain profitable business relationships
- Maintain a healthy and proactive relationship with prospective customers by telephone, email and in person.
- Write clear and effective proposals for prospective customers, co-ordinating sales effort with the business development team, commercial and financial colleagues where appropriate.
- Negotiating the agreement terms and closing sales.
- Analyse and determine the market potential of prospective customers in terms of profile, market share and value opportunities.
- To fully understand the USP of the Company’s products and services and identify opportunities where this can be fully exposed to maximise revenue.
- To keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitor activities, advertising and promotional trends and to represent the Company at trade shows and conventions.
- To create and maintain a contact database with up to date and accurate activity details.
- To assist in identifying opportunities for new products and for development and enhancement of all products and services.To produce weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Monitoring and reporting the potential collaborators and competitor activities and identifying business threats & opportunities.
- Previous high activity B2B new business sales experience, within travel or SaaS is a benefit
- Motivated by chasing and winning new business
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Creative problem solving and organisational skills
- Tenacious, with high levels of meeting activity, and results-orientated
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Willing to travel on a national basis
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines along with working under pressure
Salary: Competitive (D.O.E)
Company contributed pension
Medicash healthcare after 6 months
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Discretionary sick pay after 6 months
Child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free fruit and free drinks
For more information on the benefits of working with Cabfind click here
Find out how much your taxi policy could be costing your organisation with our free reviewGet review